BMW 3 Series vs. BMW 5 Series
255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
The BMW lineup features luxury vehicles that end up at the top of many lists. It’s not surprising that many lists will include the 2019 BMW 5 Series and the 2019 BMW 3 Series sedan. Before you choose one of these chic sedans to end up on your Walnut Creek driveway, you will want to see how they are similar and different, especially when it comes to pricing, performance, and interior features. BMW Concord is comparing the BMW models to help you choose the one that works best for you.
BMW Sedan Price
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The BMW 3 Series comes in two configurations: 330i and 330i xDrive. The 330i starts at $40,250 MSRP, and the 330i xDrive starts at $42,250 MSRP.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: This BMW vehicle offers seven configurations: 530i, 530i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, and M550i xDrive, as well as two hybrid models: 530e iPerformance and 530e xDrive iPerformance. Pricing is as follows:
- 530i: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $55,700
- 540i: Starting MSRP of $58,950
- 540i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $61,250
- M550i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $74,450
- 530e iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530e xDrive iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $55,700
BMW Sedan Performance
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The 3 Series includes the standard 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with an eight-speed sport automatic transmission that delivers 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds, and it has a 15.6-gallon fuel tank.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The base engine in the 5 Series is also a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with the eight-speed sport automatic transmission that delivers 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, and it has an 18-gallon fuel tank.
BMW Sedan Interior Features
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: Has 38.7 inches of headroom, 42 inches of legroom, and 56 inches of shoulder room in the front of this base-level sedan. The seats are covered with SensaTec upholstery, and there are 14-way power front seats. The BMW 3 Series interior also features the iDrive 6.0 system and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which allows you to easily control navigation, settings, and entertainment with voice commands.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: Has 38.8 inches of headroom, 41.4 inches of legroom, and 58.7 inches of shoulder room. The seats in the base trim are also covered with SensaTec upholstery and have 14-way power front seats. The luxurious interior also features the iDrive 6.0 system, a rearview camera, ambient lighting, and Intelligent Voice Control for hands-free connectivity.
Shop for the BMW 3 Series or 5 Series at BMW Concord
If you need more room and options, check out the 2019 BMW 5 Series. However, if you would rather have a lower starting price and more horsepower, you will enjoy the 2019 BMW 3 Series. If you are still deciding, you can also compare the BMW 5 Series vs. Audi A6, and the BMW 3 Series vs. BMW 4 Series. When you are ready, explore our inventory at our Concord showroom, and test drive your favorite vehicle. Contact us with any questions!