Open Today! Sales: 10am-6pm | Call us at: (888) 707-2860
How To Clean Car Floor Mats
Your car floor mats are notorious for taking quite a beating on a regular basis. Floor mats protect your vehicle from mud, snow, dirt, and spills, so it is no surprise they need excellent cleaning fairly regularly. Learn how to clean car floor mats with the team at BMW Concord.
You want to make sure you have the proper supplies before getting started:
- Rubber Floor Mats: Vacuum, rubber floor mat cleanser, stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, microfiber towel or a place to hang your mats
- Carpet Floor Mats: Vacuum, carpet floor mat cleaner, brush, hose or bucket of water, wet vac if available, or a place to hang your mats
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- First, remove the rubber floor mats from your vehicle to avoid damaging the interior of your vehicle with water.
- Shake out the rubber car mats.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush to remove additional grime and debris.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Make sure mats are completely dry before replacing.
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Remove the floor mats from your vehicle.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove dirt.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to rid them of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for car carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Make sure you follow the application directions on your particular cleaner, as they can vary.
- Scrub the mats to remove any stains and ground-in debris.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have access to a wet vac, try vacuuming your floor mats again. This will help remove any additional dirt, as well as cut the drying time.
- Hang your mats to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before placing back in your vehicle.
Need Help Cleaning Your Floor Mats?
Now that you know how to clean your car floor mats, it’s important to make sure you have the necessary tools needed to do this properly. Visit the BMW Concord service center, and we’ll make sure you have what you need to clean your car carpet or rubber floor mats. You can also have your vehicle washed and detailed at our Concord car wash. Contact us today for additional details or to schedule a service appointment.